Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Day 3 #TheGreatRomanianAdventure

Day 3

Yesterday was wholly  saved by best friend Bianca and a cheese pie. In that order.


I have to say I am head over heels about her traditional Romanian blouse that was a gift her father gave her mother when they got engaged and apparently goes back to a great-aunt of his. Can you say a-w-e-s-o-m-e?
I will now obsess over this for a few months. You have been warned.

Day 3 saw yours truly walk half across Bucharest, order a b-day cake for my grandma, walk back, get to Old Town and duck inside Carturaresti Carusel to get away from the pesky rain.
Now, for those of you who might have no idea what Carturaresti Carusel is, and with good reason for that since a) it's in Bucharest and b) it's relatively new and unknown, this is a bookshop with atwist housed by an ex private turn-of-the-century mansion that belonged to a great Romanian banker family that had to fled the country after WW II because of communism.
The importance, elegance and flat out wonderfulness of this place is hard to put down on paper, sorry, blog. It was magical. With every sort of book you might imagine, and some more if I think about it, with handcrafted knick knacks and quirky things galore, I have to say it was an amazing experience. I've got some really nice pics to show you but they're on my camera so the panorama I snapped with my phone will have to do for now. 
I promise to come back and edit.

Finally, I'm outside of Starbucks, stalking their internet and pondering if I should get yet another green jasmine tea.
Can't wait for tomorrow. 
I've got an awesome day planned but you'll just have to wait to find out.

Kiss and Peace
Miss Sinister


1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I look forward to reading more of your adventures. The Romanian blouse is super cute. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete