Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 5 #TheGreatRomanianAdventure

Day 5

How can one feel terribly hung over when one has had nothing to drink?
:)
I used to be able to endure a whole night of club crawling or two or three per week, while Day 4's wonderful reunion has left me feeling awfully tired and in dire need of a cup of matcha. Apparently it hasn't become a thing here yet, so no matcha for me.

I was coming back from my friend's house yesterday morning and while on route to go back home , I made a detour and had Bucuresti chocolate covered biscuits from Capsa Pastry Shop for breakfast.
Capsa is a pre-war hotel/pastry shop (the first war) on Calea Victoriei, one of the oldest streets in Bucharest to have withstood the age of communism and it's tearing down and building frenzy. It stands as a proud, romantic, Italian-inspired little building with a small dome and elegant windows, defying the hustle and bustle of Bucharest.
It is famous for all things sweet and the creme de la creme is the Bucuresti biscuits I had yesterday (ignoring my gluten intolerance for just 5 minutes) and the Amandine cake (which I would have had but it's the cake I ordered for my grandma so I'm going to have it anyway. :) 🎂
I'll edit this post with some pics! 

I'm off to Day 6!

Kiss and Peace
Miss Sinister 

No comments:

Post a Comment